Dholera SIR is set to become one of India’s most developed regions wherein all aspects of life, work and play seamlessly converge to create a world-class city. We have carefully planned and gone the extra mile to make Dholera SIR the destination of choice for you.
Located in the Prime Minister’s home state of Gujarat and a part of his visionary plan, Dholera is extremely well-connected to the rest of India and the world. It will be home to non‐polluting industries, as we aim to create a clean, green and sustainable urban development. It will be the perfect place to set up large manufacturing units due to the availability of large land parcels.
As we will be hosting clients from all over the globe, we have taken steps to ensure that doing business with us is streamlined and efficient – from single-window clearances to the use & allotment of only clear land titles and much more.
We have been tirelessly working and have progressed rapidly to lay the platform for the city to become a future hub of innovation and progress. With all this and more, there really is no better place in the world for your business to grow and flourish.
The sections below detail what you can expect when you invest in Dholera
Dholera will focus on (but is not limited to) the following industries:
- Heavy Engineering
- Auto & Auto Ancillaries
- Pharma & Bio Tech (Formulation)
- Agro and Food Processing (no farming considered)
- Dholera offers large contiguous land parcels suitable for establishing a defense eco-system including but not limited to Manufacturing, Research & Development, Vendor Parks, Logistics & availability of skilled workforce.
Gujarat has approximately 101 engineering colleges with a capacity of 46,639 seats. Major institutes include IIT, Nirma University, LD Engineering College, Gujarat university, Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of ICT and others. The skilled work force required for industrial development is easily available in Gujarat.
- Gujarat is a thriving Auto & Engineering hub that can potentially contribute to the defence supply chain. Major hubs for Auto and Engineering are in Ahmedabad (100 KM) and Rajkot (175 KM)
- A strong MSME sector already exists in Gujarat, which plays an important role in the Defence Manufacturing supply chain
- Gujarat offers an established port sector
- Gujarat also offers excellent technical education
- Indian electronics market is expected to increase at CAGR of 8.1% between FY16 and FY22
- While consumer durables market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 16.3% between FY15 and FY20
- In Gujarat, between 2004 and 2013, the GSDP for agriculture sector including animal husbandry sector had increased from USD 4.5 billion, at constant 2004-05 prices
- In Gujarat, there are 3339 pharma manufacturing units (as of March, 2014) including allopathic, Ayurvedic, cosmetic, homeopathy units
- Pharma exports from Gujarat increased from USD 0.2 billion to USD 2.8 billion between 2004 and 2013. Formulation formed 40% of the exports while the rest was bulk drugs
- MRTS is planned which will connect DSIR with Ahmedabad
- Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) is 1.5 hours from DSIR
- Dholera Railway Station proposed in DSIR
- Currently, two lane State Highway being expanded to 4 lanes
- A dedicated 6 lane access controlled expressway connecting Ahmedabad & Dholera is proposed and design work has been completed for the same
- Proposed Dholera International Airport will be located in close proximity to the Northern boundary of DSIR
- Environment Clearance from MoEF and site clearance from MoCA have been obtained for developing an International Airport at Dholera
- Bhavnagar Domestic Airport and Ahmedabad International Airport are 2 hours from DSIR
- Pipavav is the closest port to DSIR, which is approximately 200 km away
- Pipavav has a range of cargo handling capabilities such as Container, Bulk, Capital Goods, Liquid, Gas, etc.
- DSIR is also well connected to the major ports of Mundra and Kandla