GIDB - Nodal Agency
Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board (GIDB) headed by the Hon. Chief Minister of Gujarat will be the Apex Authority. GIDB will delegate powers and functions to its Executive Committee headed by Hon. MOS (Ind). Core functions of the Apex authority like approvals & modifications in development plan, town planning schemes and general regulations shall not be delegated to any committees.
Powers and functions of the Apex Authority
- To approve Land Use Plan, Town Planning scheme and Development plan of the SIR proposed by the RDA
- To make regulations for Development, Operation, Regulation and Management of SIR
- To approve contracts to be entered in to by RDA and the nodal company
- To ascertain and fix the rates of user charges, proposed by RDA or the nodal company
- To issue necessary instruction to the agencies involved
For further details on GIDB visit : www.gidb.org
DICDL - Implementation Agency
For the development of Dholera SIR, the Government of India (through DMIC Trust) and the Government of Gujarat (through DSIRDA) formed a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) called ‘Dholera Industrial City Development Ltd.’ (DICDL) on Jan 28, 2016. The SPV is made up of a 51% stake of the Government of Gujarat through DSIRDA and a 49% stake of Government of India through DMIC Trust.
DICDL has been formed with an initial capital of INR6,000 crore out of which approximately INR 900 crore has already been released by the DMIC Trust against equity contribution for Activation Area work. The equity on part of the Government of Gujarat through DSIRDA is in form of land, which is allocated to SPV DICDL. The DMIC trust has already approved the activation trunk infrastructure project of INR 4,400 Crores.